Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sprouting Day 3

Alfalfa on the 7th (after 1 day)
O.K. I started these sprouts on the 6th. Today is the 9th.

Alfalfa on Feb 9th (after 3 days)
I've been rinsing them twice a day and they are starting to look really great. If you were in a rush, you could already eat them. I'll wait, since they will probably still double in size. I'll start a batch of Quinoa seeds sprouting today to keep the rotation going.

Peas (after 3 days)
Here are the peas, just laying on top of the potting soil. I've kept a plastic cover over them to maintain the humidity and sprayed them with water a few times. I'm going to turn the light on them today since I want them to start producing leaves.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Mike, easy to follow.

    These sprouts are making me so happy - you can read about it in my post on planning my garden.

    ReplyDelete