Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Shannon on "As the Research Comes to a Close":


As I walked home from my last research interview yesterday night, I was in high spirits as I reflected on completing what I felt to be an amazing study. But accompanying my gratification was a lingering sense of sadness that all had come to an end.

I have loved getting to know all of you throughout the past 5 months. I really enjoyed the stories, experiences, and views you shared (with and without my computer recording us in the background!) and I feel fortunate to be able to keep those conversations alive through the writing of my thesis. This past 5 months has been a great journey and, in many ways, I wish it wasn’t coming to an end! But I suppose endings are just new beginnings, so I look forward to what our next chapters will bring.

Again, it was wonderful working with all of you! I look forward to keeping in touch and learning about the steps you’re all taking to live more sustainably :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for working to change lives. I hope the time you invested with us will bear delicious and sustainable fruit.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete